Trying for a Baby in your late 30’s or 40’s
We see many women who are older and trying for a baby both naturally and through IVF. Age does have a high impact on fertility and egg quality but many women in their late thirties and early forties get pregnant.
Every women’s fertility is different. You cannot compare one to another: it’s down to fertility potential and egg reserves. We can check your egg reserve using a blood test and an ultrasound scan which look at antral follicles.
Our success rates with IVF for over 40s is high and we believe that this is down to the thoroughness of our fertility programme and preparation. We also believe that a woman needs to maintain a positive frame of mind: she needs to feel that she is doing everything that she can to have her own genetic child. However, we are also realistic and some women may be better off moving on to other options.
We provide a holistic assessment of your fertility, including:
- A consultation with Zita, Anita or Jane to make an assessment of the tests that you need to have done, before we make plans for the next steps;
- An assessment of your nutrition and lifestyle. A question we are always asked is, “Is there anything I can do to improve my eggs?” We know that you are born with all the eggs you will ever have, but the environment the eggs are growing in can be improved though diet and supplementation (Read my blog post on improving egg quality);
- Help to settle your mind-set: so many of the women we see feel seriously negative about their results and feel hopeless, that it will never happen for them. We do a lot of mind-body work with this group using hypnotherapy and counselling in our Manage Your Mind programme;
- Acupuncture: which may help to improve blood flow to the pelvic area for a better supply to the eggs, and help with ovarian health.
Share this entry
- The most important thing is understanding the delays to fertility and looking back with no regrets
- Which supplements should you take during pregnancy?
- We’re the number 1 clinic in London
- 9 Questions About |Fertility That Every Twenty-something Should Know The Answer To
- 5 Common Mistakes That Might Be Delaying Your Chances of Conception – And How To Avoid Them
Fertility Clinic Services
Products to Help You
The Zita West Acupuncture Network Directory
Your shopping basket
New Clients: 0207 224 0017
Existing Clients: 020 7224 0017