Prepare this delicious, antioxidant-packed dish the night before to allow the chia seeds to swell and thicken the pudding. Chia seeds are a real superfood: packed with protein, omega-3 fats and soluble fibre, they provide plenty of slow-releasing energy to keep you fuelled all morning and help to avoid energy dips and cravings.
- 1 banana, chopped
- 125g/4½oz/heaped ¾ cup blueberries, plus extra to serve
- 200g/7oz/scant 1⅔ cups raspberries, plus extra to serve
- 250ml/9fl oz/1 cup semi-skimmed milk or milk alternative (such as coconut milk or almond milk)
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp acai berry powder (optional)
1. Put all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until incorporated. Put the pudding in the fridge and let it soak overnight.
2. In the morning, serve the pudding topped with berries.
Serves: 2 • Preparation time: 5 minutes, plus overnight soaking
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 11.3 Carbohydrate 41.8g, of which sugars 27.9gFat 12.7g, of which saturates 2.4g Kcals 319