8 Ways to Lower Your Risk of Miscarriage
Experiencing a miscarriage can be heartbreaking. While the cause is often chromosomal abnormalities that cannot be prevented, there are steps you can take to help support a healthy pregnancy.
At Zita West, we believe fertility encompasses mind, body and emotional wellbeing.
Here are 8 ways to lower your risk of miscarriage from a holistic perspective:
- Reduce stress. Chronic stress negatively impacts fertility hormones and the immune system. Practice relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation.
- Exercise moderately. Light exercise can improve circulation and lower inflammation. Avoid overexertion and overheating.
- Eat a nutrient-rich diet. Focus on whole foods high in antioxidants and essential fatty acids. Take a prenatal vitamin.
- Achieve a healthy weight. Being underweight or overweight can affect ovulation and hormone balance.
- Limit caffeine. Consuming over 200mg of caffeine per day may increase the risk of miscarriage.
- Don't smoke or drink alcohol. These habits are strongly linked to miscarriage risk.
- Get chronic conditions under control. Diabetes, thyroid disorders and polycystic ovary syndrome should be well managed.
- Take your supplements. Supplements like folate, omega-3s and vitamin D may provide added support.
While these strategies might help lower your risk, they cannot prevent miscarriages due to genetic abnormalities. Sometimes a pregnancy simply isn't viable, which is no one's fault. If you are struggling after a pregnancy loss, know that resources and support are available.
For centuries, various cultures have utilised Castor Oil Packs for their potential healing properties, including their possible positive impact on...
ArticleEmbarking on a fertility journey is a significant step, and understanding the various fertility drugs available is crucial. Below is...
ArticleThis PCOS Awareness Month, fertility expert Zita West is sharing her knowledge and expertise to help you enhance your fertility...