Fig, Pear & Pistaschio Muffins
During IVF treatment, it is vital to avoid refined sugar and junk food, so today I’m going to share a recipe from my book, The IVF Diet Book, that is both nutritious and will help you curb your sweet cravings.
My fig, pear a pistachio muffins are a perfect healthy snack, an on-the-go snack option or can be eaten as a pick-me up when your energy levels are low. Figs have long been renowned for their ability to improve fertility and and for boosting libido. The use of ground almonds provides plenty of protein while Maca powder is useful for supporting adrenal health. These muffins will keep well in the fridge for three to four days or can be frozen up to three months.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Chilling time: 30 minutes
Makes 8 muffins
- 250g ground almonds
- 60g tapioca flour
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 60 g coconut oil or unsalted butter
- 60 g xylitol
- 1 pear, cored and grated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs beaten
- 125 ml kefir or almond milk
- 100 g dried figs, chopped
- 75 g pistachio nuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180oc (gas mark 4). Grease and line eight muffin tin holes with paper cases.
- Combine the ground almonds, tapioca flour, maca powder, baking powder and salt in the food processor.
- Place the coconut oil or butter in a pan with the xylitol and melt. Stir to dissolve the xylitol.
- Pour the oil and xylitol mixture into the food processor along with the grated pear, vanilla extract, eggs and milk. Blend to combine. Add the figs and most of the pistachio nuts and briefly pulse.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and scatter over the remaining nuts.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and or until a skewer inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
For centuries, various cultures have utilised Castor Oil Packs for their potential healing properties, including their possible positive impact on...
ArticleEmbarking on a fertility journey is a significant step, and understanding the various fertility drugs available is crucial. Below is...
ArticleThis PCOS Awareness Month, fertility expert Zita West is sharing her knowledge and expertise to help you enhance your fertility...