Fruit & Mango Cream Parfait
This delicious sweet parfait combines antioxidant-packed berries and rich mango cream to provide plenty of protein to help stabilize blood sugars throughout the morning. For a change, a medley of citrus fruits could be used instead of the berries. The mango cream can be prepared in advance and kept in the fridge for 2–3 days and is delicious served with poached fruit. If you have time, soak the seeds and nuts first, which softens them and can help improve digestibility.
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- a pinch of ground cinnamon
- a pinch of sea salt
- 150g/5½oz/heaped 1 cup mixed berries (such as blueberries, cherries or raspberries)
MANGO VANILLA CREAM
- 60g/2¼oz/heaped ⅓ cup almonds
- 1 small mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 3 tbsp lucuma powder (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a bowl, mix together the coconut flakes, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon and salt.
2. Put all the ingredients for the mango vanilla cream in a blender or food processor with 100ml/3½fl oz/generous ⅓ cup water and process until smooth.
3. Spoon a quarter of the mango cream into each of two glasses. Top with a spoonful of mixed berries and sprinkle over a little of the coconut seed mixture. Repeat the layer, finishing with a sprinkling of the coconut and seeds.
Serves: 2 • Preparation time: 10 minutes
|Nutritional information per serving:|
|of which sugars||17.8g|
|of which saturates||16.3g|
Basal body temperature (BBT) tracking is a popular and useful method for those who are trying to conceive. It involves...
Can Dichloroacetic Acid Help Improve Fertility for Women with Endometriosis?Endometriosis is a painful condition that affects women's reproductive systems, causing tissue similar to the uterine lining to grow outside...
Fertility Tracking Apps and Technologies: Pros and ConsFertility tracking apps and technologies have become increasingly popular in recent years, as more people turn to technology to help...