Spinach, Walnut & Roasted Pear Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
A simple sweet and tangy salad. Including turmeric adds a wonderful golden glow to the pears and is a fabulous healing spice, too, while goji berries are rich in antioxidants to aid the functioning of the immune system. For additional protein, add a little crumbled feta cheese, if you like.
- 75g/2½oz/¾ cup walnut halves
- 1 tbsp butter or coconut butter
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 ripe pears, cored and cut into wedges
- 200g/7oz baby spinach leaves
- 1 handful of watercress
- 1 handful of sprouted beans or seeds, such as alfalfa
- 1 handful of goji berries
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp raspberry vinegar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp walnut oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
1. Lightly toast the walnuts in a dry frying pan over a medium heat for about 1 minute, stirring.
2. Heat the butter in a large non-stick frying pan. When the butter is melted, add the turmeric and honey. Add the pear wedges in a single layer and season with a pinch of salt. Cook for about 3 minutes, turning once, until lightly browned, then transfer the pears to a plate.
3. Make the vinaigrette by combining the vinegars and honey in a non-reactive bowl. Slowly whisk in the oils and then the mustard. Season with black pepper.
4. Put the spinach and watercress on a serving plate and scatter over the pears, sprouted beans, toasted walnuts and goji berries. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle over the dressing and serve.
Serves: 2 • Preparation time: 10 minutes • Cooking time: 4 minutes
|Nutritional information per serving:|
|of which sugars||33.3g|
|of which saturates||6.2g|
For centuries, various cultures have utilised Castor Oil Packs for their potential healing properties, including their possible positive impact on...
ArticleEmbarking on a fertility journey is a significant step, and understanding the various fertility drugs available is crucial. Below is...
ArticleThis PCOS Awareness Month, fertility expert Zita West is sharing her knowledge and expertise to help you enhance your fertility...