Spinach, Walnut & Roasted Pear Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
A simple sweet and tangy salad. Including turmeric adds a wonderful golden glow to the pears and is a fabulous healing spice, too, while goji berries are rich in antioxidants to aid the functioning of the immune system. For additional protein, add a little crumbled feta cheese, if you like.
- 75g/2½oz/¾ cup walnut halves
- 1 tbsp butter or coconut butter
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 ripe pears, cored and cut into wedges
- 200g/7oz baby spinach leaves
- 1 handful of watercress
- 1 handful of sprouted beans or seeds, such as alfalfa
- 1 handful of goji berries
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp raspberry vinegar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp walnut oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
1. Lightly toast the walnuts in a dry frying pan over a medium heat for about 1 minute, stirring.
2. Heat the butter in a large non-stick frying pan. When the butter is melted, add the turmeric and honey. Add the pear wedges in a single layer and season with a pinch of salt. Cook for about 3 minutes, turning once, until lightly browned, then transfer the pears to a plate.
3. Make the vinaigrette by combining the vinegars and honey in a non-reactive bowl. Slowly whisk in the oils and then the mustard. Season with black pepper.
4. Put the spinach and watercress on a serving plate and scatter over the pears, sprouted beans, toasted walnuts and goji berries. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle over the dressing and serve.
Serves: 2 • Preparation time: 10 minutes • Cooking time: 4 minutes
|Nutritional information per serving:|
|of which sugars||33.3g|
|of which saturates||6.2g|
Basal body temperature (BBT) tracking is a popular and useful method for those who are trying to conceive. It involves...
Can Dichloroacetic Acid Help Improve Fertility for Women with Endometriosis?Endometriosis is a painful condition that affects women's reproductive systems, causing tissue similar to the uterine lining to grow outside...
Fertility Tracking Apps and Technologies: Pros and ConsFertility tracking apps and technologies have become increasingly popular in recent years, as more people turn to technology to help...