Fertility Friendly Mocktails
Don't miss out on fun activities while TTC! Take a look at 3 fertility friendly mocktails for you to enjoy. Not only do they taste delcious but you can find many nutrients to boost your health and increase your fertility.
- 3 ounces organic tomato juice
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 dashes hot sauce, such as Tabasco or Cholula
- 1 stalk celery, for garnish
- 1 pickle spear, for garnish
- Fill a tall glass up with ice.
- Pour the tomato juice and lemon juice into the glass.
- Mix well.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and hot sauce to taste.
- Garnish with the celery stalk or pickle spear if using.
- Serve and enjoy!
Why choose organic tomato juice? Many cheap tomato juices have unnatural ingredients, dyes, and preservatives aimed at increasing their shelf life.
Tomato has a high content of lycopene. Lycopene has been found to increase sperm count by about 70 percent; it also improves sperm motility and reduce the number of abnormal sperms.
For women, lycopene in tomato may be able to prevent formation of endometriosis, which is an important cause of infertility in many women around the world.
Tomato has a high content of folic acid. Folic acid can help to prevent birth defects.
- 2 ounces pomegranate juice
- 2 ounces cup fresh orange juice (no sugar added)
- Juice of 1 Lemon (plus a slice for garnish, optional)
- Add eletrolytes or salt to a plate and wet the rim of your serving glass with a little water or lemon juice. Dip the rim, swirling to coat in the salt/electrolyes.
- To your glass, pour pomegranate, orange, and lemon juices and fill the rest of your cup with Ice. Optionally add one lemon slice and serve
Pomegranates juice is packed with antioxidants (stemming from the red coloring, the polyphenols) and it increases blood flow to the uterus and promote the uterine lining. It is also packed with vitamin C, a serving has about 40% of your daily vitamin C. Folate, vitamin E, K, and potassium are also found in this super fruit.
- 3 strawberries, sliced
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar or sweetener of choice
- 8 ounces soda water
- Extra mint and strawberries to serve
- Muddle strawberries and sugar/sweetener in a glass to release the juices
- Add the lime juice and stir to combine
- Clap the mint together in your hands to release the scent
- Fill the glass with ice and add soda water
- Stir to combine
- Garnish with extra mint and strawberry slices
Strawberries give fertility a boost as they are rich in folate. Folate is vital for cell division, reducing birth defects. Folate also helps to counteract ovulation problems. 125g of strawberries provides ten percent of your daily folate needs along with a whole day's amount of vitamin C.
Check out our lime and avocado smoothie!
Sex and conception are topics that often come with a mix of excitement, anticipation, and sometimes, confusion. Understanding the ins...
ArticleThe Importance of Egg Health When it comes to conceiving a child, the health of your eggs plays a crucial...
ArticleCompassion in the Healing Process A miscarriage is a deeply emotional and traumatic experience for anyone on their fertility journey....