Roasted Aubergine & Mint Dip
- 1 aubergine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- a pinch of dried chilli flakes
- a pinch of smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 handful of mint leaves, chopped
- sea salt and ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Prick the aubergine skin and place it on a baking tray. Roast for 30–40 minutes until the flesh is soft. Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Peel away the skin and scoop out the flesh into a food processor.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and sauté the onion and garlic for 5 minutes until softened. Add them to the food processor with the remaining ingredients. Pulse to combine, but leave some texture. Season to taste, then serve.
Serves: 4 • Preparation time: 10 minutes • Cooking time: 45 minutes
|Nutritional information per serving:|
|of which sugars||1.6g|
|of which saturates||0.4g|
A word from Zita: "For so many women I look after, the excitement of a positive pregnancy test is fantastic....
ArticlePacking a hospital bag ensures you not only have the essentials the hospital doesn’t provide, but it also allows you...
ArticleJoin Zita West and nutritionist Rebecca Traylen as they discuss the importance of the first 1,000 days from preconception up...