3 Festive Mocktails
Don't miss out on fun activities this festive season while TTC! Take a look at 3 fertility friendly mocktails for you to enjoy. Not only do they taste delicious but you can find many nutrients to boost your health and increase your fertility.
- 3 ounces organic tomato juice
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 dashes hot sauce, such as Tabasco or Cholula
- 1 stalk celery, for garnish
- 1 pickle spear, for garnish
- Fill a tall glass up with ice.
- Pour the tomato juice and lemon juice into the glass.
- Mix well.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and hot sauce to taste.
- Garnish with the celery stalk or pickle spear if using.
- Serve and enjoy!
Why choose organic tomato juice? Many cheap tomato juices have unnatural ingredients, dyes, and preservatives aimed at increasing their shelf life.Tomato has a high content of lycopene. Lycopene has been found to increase sperm count by about 70 percent; it also improves sperm motility and reduce the number of abnormal sperms.For women, lycopene in tomato may be able to prevent formation of endometriosis, which is an important cause of infertility in many women around the world.Tomato has a high content of folic acid. Folic acid can help to prevent birth defects.
- 2 ounces pomegranate juice
- 2 ounces cup fresh orange juice (no sugar added)
- Juice of 1 Lemon (plus a slice for garnish, optional)
- Add eletrolytes or salt to a plate and wet the rim of your serving glass with a little water or lemon juice. Dip the rim, swirling to coat in the salt/electrolyes.
- To your glass, pour pomegranate, orange, and lemon juices and fill the rest of your cup with Ice. Optionally add one lemon slice and serve
Pomegranates juice is packed with antioxidants (stemming from the red coloring, the polyphenols) and it increases blood flow to the uterus and promote the uterine lining. It is also packed with vitamin C, a serving has about 40% of your daily vitamin C. Folate, vitamin E, K, and potassium are also found in this super fruit.
Cranberry Mint Mocktail
1. In a larger cup, you want to add in your juice, water, and crushed mint. Stir well until it is fully combined.
2. Once mixed you can fill a cup up with ice and fresh or frozen cranberries. Pour part of the mocktail in and then garnish.
Cranberries are a rich source of vitamin C that may benefit both egg and sperm health and boost the production of healthy cervical mucus in women.
DHA and DHEA are both important when it comes to fertility, but they have very different roles and functions. DHA...
ArticleTrying to conceive can be an exciting but stressful experience. Unfortunately, many couples find themselves making common mistakes that can...
ArticleWhen going through the IVF process you will undoubtedly be feeling a whole array of emotions as well as pressure...