Mixed Seed Crackers
Enjoy these crackers with any of the dips. They are gluten-free and packed with healthy fats. The addition of nori provides essential minerals, including iodine, and the hemp seeds provide an excellent source of protein and are packed with healthy omega-3 fats. They also contain plenty of disease-fighting, plant-based phytonutrients and protective antioxidants such as vitamin E. These will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 75g/2½oz/scant ⅔ cup sunflower seeds
- 150g/5½oz/1 cup flaxseeds
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 60g/2¼oz/½ cup sundried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 nori sheet, crumbled
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- juice of ½ lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas 2. Line a baking tray with baking parchment or a Teflex sheet.
2. Put the red pepper, sunflower seeds and flaxseeds in a food processor and process to break up. Add the remaining ingredients and process again to combine.
3. Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking tray. Shape into a rectangle and mark out 16 squares by gently scoring the surface with a knife. Bake for 30 minutes until golden and crisp. Leave to cool on the baking tray, then break the rectangle into crackers by snapping along the scored lines.
Makes: 16 crackers • Preparation time: 10 minutes • Cooking time: 30 minutes
|Nutritional information per cracker:|
|of which sugars||0.8g|
|of which saturates||1.2g|
We are often asked about the role digestive health can play when trying for a baby, so we wanted to highlight its importance when trying for a baby, whether naturally or going through IVF treatment.
ArticleWith an upset stomach or constipation being common complaints during pregnancy, the importance of increasing fibre intake during this time...
ArticleWell-known for its role in keeping the digestive system running smoothly, fibre is an important part of a healthy pregnancy diet....