Protein Boost Seeded Granola
This is a healthy version of the classic breakfast option, with an array of seeds to provide plenty of healthy fats. Research has found that Brazil nuts can assist male fertility as well as boost testosterone. You can vary the ingredients according to what you have available. This will keep in an airtight container for 1–2 weeks.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 115g/4oz/¾ cup Brazil nuts
- 115g/4oz/¾ cup almonds
- 115g/4oz/2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 60g/2¼oz/½ cup raw cacao nibs
- 60g/2¼oz/½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 60g/2¼oz/½ cup sunflower seeds
- 60g/2¼oz/⅔ cup shelled hemp seeds
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 75g/2½oz/heaped ⅓ cup soft pitted dates
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp lucuma powder (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 60g/2¼oz/⅔ cup goji berries or unsweetened dried cherries
- milk or milk alternative, or yogurt, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/315°F/Gas 2–3 and line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Put the nuts, coconut flakes, cacao nibs and seeds in a food processor and process to coarsely chop. Transfer them to a large mixing bowl.
- Put the apple, dates, honey, coconut oil, protein powder, if using, lucuma powder, if using, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt in a food processor and process to form a thick paste. Pour the paste over the nuts and seeds and stir to combine well.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Turn down the oven to 110°C/225°F/Gas ½ and bake for a further 30 minutes, or until the mixture is dry and golden. Leave to cool, then stir in the berries. Store in an airtight container. Serve with a splash of milk or yogurt.
Nutritional information per serving:
|Nutritional information per serving:|
|of which sugars||13g|
|of which saturates||10.6g|
This and more delicious recipes are in Zita’s best selling book Eat Yourself Pregnant. For more information on how the right diet can help you get pregnant see our article that explains how you can Eat Yourself Pregnant too.
For centuries, various cultures have utilised Castor Oil Packs for their potential healing properties, including their possible positive impact on...
ArticleEmbarking on a fertility journey is a significant step, and understanding the various fertility drugs available is crucial. Below is...
ArticleThis PCOS Awareness Month, fertility expert Zita West is sharing her knowledge and expertise to help you enhance your fertility...